GBPJPY, H1 & Daily
GBPJPY, or the Guppy as it is affectionately known, like all the Sterling crosses, has had a “Hard Brexit looks less likely” induced week:-
- Monday – the 139.00 level was breached.
- Tuesday – following Mrs May’s historic defeat, the Daily candle breached above the 20-day Moving Average for the first time since November 15. This broke a 42 day, 534 pip downtrend, which was nice if you are a trend trader.
- Wednesday; the psychological 140.00 was scaled and the pair closed at a 13 day high.
- Yesterday (Thursday) the close was right on the 50-day Moving Average and a smidgen below 142.00 having breached and broken the H4 200-period moving average at 141.00
A key zone beckons at 143.50-145.00 if the up trend can be maintained, support sits at 140.00 with the 20-day moving average and S1.
- Today (Friday) there are UK Retail Sales figures at 09:30, which could easily stall the weekly rise, with 142.00 being key along with the daily pivot at the 141.00 zone.
This Market Review is presented by HotForex Broker. Click here to open a HotForex Real Account.